Working with Children Checks are free for applicants who apply for a volunteer check in every State and Territory.

Unlike a Criminal History Check, a Working with Children Check (WWCC) must be arranged by the individual and then notified to StartOut by you.  Once you have your card or check details confirmed, please send a copy to us at [email protected].

New South Wales

Click Here for the NSW Working with Children Check
Select ‘Clubs or other organisations providing services to children’ as the child related work field.
*If you already have a WWC in NSW, please advise us of the number.


Click Here for the Victorian Working with Children Check
Select ’40 (Counselling services)’  as the occupational field code.
*If you already have a Victorian check, you need to notify the Department of Justice and Regulation that you are also volunteering with StartOut Australia.  You can do that here.